ComicNex.us
Site
About | Comic List | Forums

Yes, it's coming... eventually

kentauroi.com

Yes, it's coming... eventually

Postby Raye » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:10 pm

I know people think Kentauroi is dead in the water, but it's not. It's just been delayed. Basically, what happened is that I discovered that I reaaaaaaally suck as a writer, so I got my friend Chistopher to do scripts for me. This involved a lot of discussion to ensure he got all the character's personalities and the intricacies of the (fairly involved) plot. I am waiting until he has a good backlog of scripts in the can before I begin drawing/posting strips. In the meantime, I am updating the map, which includes drawing maps of several of the cities, and using Google Sketchup to create templates for locations. I am also doing more and more character designs!

Here's one of the new characters that I don't think I've shown anyone yet, her name it Tayla, and she is a friend of the main character, Galen:

Raye
Site Admin

Re: Yes, it's coming... eventually

Postby centaureg » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:03 am

What a shame that, after a year since you posted this, Kentauroi, still hasn't arrived. The character art is great, so there were great expectations. I read web comics that have half the potential or less and yet manage to keep rolling along. Most of them have art that is nowhere near as good as yours. I can understand the need to find help writing scripts but, if you are a perfectionist, it won't be a collaboration as the other person might feel like a hired hand and not a real contributor.

One panel every two or three weeks would be better than nothing, by a long shot. If you wait for life to make a clear opening to do this project it may never happen. You have to make time where it appears none is to be had. At 60 years of age I may have finally figured that out. J K Rowling worked and raised a child while getting HP together. Just saying.

I really hope this project comes together. I know I would be a big fan of it.

Good fortune to you regardless,
Greg
centaureg

Postby Raye » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:32 am

The problem is, I'm not writing it, and the guy who IS writing it keeps assuring me he'll have it done in the next couple weeks, then... nope. He gets busy with something and it never happens. Believe me, I'm as frustrated with the delays as you, but I do not have the writing skills to pull it off on my own, and I have literally no scripts to draw right now. He and I work well together, he knows the plot and has added some things of his own to it, and I don't want to work with someone else, but he's applying for grad school and is very busy.
Raye
Site Admin

Postby centaureg » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:59 am

Well, if he ever manages to tell you the truth and quits, let me know. I could definitely write it.
centaureg

Postby Raye » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:21 am

I know this is extremely late,Just came here to dust off the forum for a potential use...

But still, I think it needs to be said. This story is important to me, and frankly it's important enough that I know it is done right, not merely done. Would it have been nice to have it done sooner? sure, but you know the saying, you can have it done well, or you can have it done quickly, pick one. and I figure it's better to delay it before the first page hits than to get it started then have a delay afterward, so i am waiting on a fairly substantial backlog of pages to be scripted before i post any. Chris and I know eachother, we have very similar tastes in comics, and I trust his skills. Even though he hasn't gotten around to making the script yet, at least not beyond the opening few pages, (though he is working on it, there has been progress, albeit slow.) we have an extensive outline, which he has contributed a lot to. I would not feel right about cutting him now, even though yes, the wait is frustrating. And I would rather wait another few years for him to do it than to trust the story to a complete stranger, where I have absolutely zero idea how well my ideas, which again, I feel very strongly about and want them done right, will be executed.
Raye
Site Admin

Postby centaureg » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:43 pm

Well, loyalty and familiarity have their virtues, too. Frankly, I never expected an answer to this. It only took 1 and 2/3 years for it! LOL. Good fortune with your project. I look forward to reading it If I live that long. LOL. Cheers, Greg
centaureg

Return to Kentauroi